Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Health care

So I'm in a kmart and overhear a couple of 80 year olds talking about healthcare reform. The woman says "til we are broke from the health care bill." and the gentleman replies "that's not quite right ma'am. The way it is set up..." I am out of hearing range on my way to the bathroom. On my way out of the bathroom I hear the woman say. "I see." I am happy there is room for learning even at 80. She then says "well, what about these 'death panels'?". The old man looks up with a gleam in his eye and says "I got your death panel right here!" and strikes her across the face with an open hand. The ring from the slap of old hand to wrinkled face is audable from the other side of the store as everyone whom I can see turns to look. The old woman, instead of buckling under the slap, uses the momentum to deliver a roundhouse kick. The man, is visibly stunned for a moment as the force moves him three feet, even as he remains standing. He then grabs a shelf full of velvet posters that you color yourself, the ones with unicorns and Teddy bears and wizards, and flips it toward her. She ducks and leaps to a clothing rack. She lifts it high above her head just in time for the old man to put a rack o discounted video games into her chest. She staggers and looses her grip on the clothing tack. It falls in to a heapon top of her. The old man cooly walks away as he knows she isn't getting up from that. In her younger days, she would gave shrugged it off. But for fucks sake she eighty!

No comments:

Post a Comment