Thursday, October 11, 2012

fighting sickness

So, I've been fighting off some sort of viral/bacterial thing for like three weeks. I feel I am on the verge of a full blown sickness that will completely incapacitate me. It started with the sniffles and a sore throat. That went away and was replaced by abdominal swelling and a headache. That went away. Then came the mild fever and red spots, gone, replaced by a thick southern accent and the shakes. Then fine again. Next came the crappie flops and red eyes. Fine again. Then the bachelors in philosophy and mumbles. Gone. A bout of the gout and a bit of the nit. A spell of the swell and a slight of the blight. A single malt Dimple Pinch, a urban ram rod, a pickle dreamcicle, a prevailing westerly, a nor-easter, an orthadox easter and an el nino. All gone as quick as they came.
  I kind of wish it would all be done with. Now I feel a speck of the rigor mortis coming on. I hope this will be enough to keep me home for a few days. I could use the rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment