Sunday, January 2, 2011

Someday

Someday computers and robots will handle all our tedious tasks. It will give us more time to bitch about how technology is ruining our lives. And it is. Okay, it really isn't. It just makes our lives diferent. Like now I can look up anything on my phone. I can know answers to questions where ever and when ever. I don't have to go to the library and dig through crappy index cards and look up shit in crusty encyclopedias. Go to hell World Book encyclopedia. You can burn with all the other books. What have books done for us in the last five years other than raise our monitors to proper viewing height. Stupid books. I'm gonna go burn down a library. Dumb, underfunded, community money pit. I'm gonna go buy a Kindle and sit on the from steps of that burnt down library, take a picture of myself reading it and blow it up to poster size and put it up in the entry to all the other libraries in town.
Okay, I won't. But not because I don't want to. It's so the homeless guy in my neighborhood has somplace to cruise the web for sixth graders.

No comments:

Post a Comment